Too soon to say goodbye

I knew that our time here on this great property in Bosque Farms could be limited but still, it seems too soon to have to plan for the possibility of moving again.

We are renting and the owners need to sell the place already. They tried for over a year before we moved in. When our lease is up in July, we will pay on a month by month basis. They are putting it on the market again in May.

In the meantime, I plan to at least try to find a way to stay. We have horse stables. We have fields of alfalfa. Both of those could easily be built into our business. Both are opportunities for local employment for our students. We could also have classes/workshops built around them. There is a little casita we could rent out or do something worthwhile with.

This week I have been writing grant proposals, mainly for salaries. Maybe there is a way to get grants to help buy this property. I'm thinking that I could put in a proposal each for a horse boarding business and a local organic farming operation.

I can expand my search for grant opportunities to include farming/agriculture grants. I believe there are some pretty good ones out there.

I have hope but I have learned over the years that it's good to plan in case I can't pull this off. I still like the idea of a tiny house I can travel around the state in. And I am keeping an eye on the housing market in the Abq area, which seems to be moving in my favor. But if there is a chance to stay here, I don't want to pass it up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems