Weekends are great for slow learning

I just watched Pump, a documentary about the oil industry, and I am irate. Luckily, this beautiful spring morning counteracts the anger somewhat. I may go out and get donuts at Rebel Donuts. Today they are helping Viva! Animal Rescue raise funds.

Back to Pump, I learned that my feeling that Americans need to work from a grassroots perspective rather than through a deeply flawed political system that supports capitalism, not democracy, is valid. I took a bunch of notes as I watched. I can't believe what I learned. I need more time to think about it before I blog about it.

I think that my bigger purpose for today will be to enjoy some slow learning in our community as we go out to look for a new place to live. We will get donuts later. This morning, my kids and I will find a good local restaurant that makes awesome huevos rancheros and immerse ourselves in a little New Mexico culture. Enjoy your weekend and learn something!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems