The historical preservation angle...getting all my peacocks in a row

Now that I've latched onto the idea of renovating this Bosque Farms property to preserve history, I've been looking at historical preservation grants. They are out there but they are small grants and aren't allowed to be used to purchase property.

However, I can use the money to hire an architect to write a report on what needs to be done and how much it will cost. Or I can hold a meeting in the community to educate residents about the history around them and the goals I have to make this place a valuable asset in the community once more.

I'm leaning toward the second -- if I could get the community excited about this, I could get a lot done more quickly. Besides, I have architect/builder friends who can help with determining what work needs to be done to renovate the place.

My next step is to look up the original 42 land parcels. After all, this doesn't have to be just about the property I'm on; it could be about the original land grants and bringing them all back to their former glory. The property next to ours is the same size and I wonder if it was one of the originals. It has been up for sale since before we moved here. Hmmm...

If you are reading this and you live in the Bosque Farms, NM, area, I need to hear from you. What do you think? This could turn into an amazing endeavor!

I'm off to Santa Fe soon to meet a friend for lunch. Hope your Friday is a good one and you take a moment to learn something new.

                             




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems