thoughts on Bait and Switch

I almost quit reading Bait and Switch. So far, the author is spending much money on job coaches, job search seminars, professional development, networking, etc. She mentions that some of the trainers are looking for "regular" jobs themselves and doing this in the meantime. I get the impression that the principles they teach are not necessarily ones they ever used themselves. I don't know...just wasn't that impressed.

But then I got onto my email this morning to the usual list of jobs available from different job hunting websites. About a month ago, I signed up for one and ended up getting bombarded by five or six. Occasionally, though, I open one up. I did that today on a Jobungo email and there was actually a job that I would like to do and fits right in with my business. So I watched a long video about it and then applied.

Let's see what happens. In the meantime, I will continue reading Bait and Switch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems