things move slowly

Seems like I will never be done with moving. But I know it's almost over. And today the plumber is here to put in new pipes where the tree roots took over. Just in time!!

It's time to really look for funding but I am also looking at how to promote my new nonprofit. It's interesting to see all the opportunities offered by Facebook, Wix, Amazon, and others when you sign up on a business page. As soon as I made a Facebook page for Live and Learn New Mexico! I started getting great tips and opportunities. Of course, most cost money but what's new? I will be selective and frugal.

I am also reaching more people on LinkedIn. I do believe that networking is important, not just online but in person as well. I will begin to visit the communities I hope to serve soon, putting the word out about our program and finding classrooms, teachers, etc. This week, I will have lunch with a friend in the East Mountain area. She has expressed an interest in helping with the program. The following week, I will meet with another friend in the Valencia county area. She teaches at the local UNM branch and understands some of the challenges her students face.

This is how it all starts. The whole idea is to utilize technology (the Internet mainly) to coordinate things between and among the different communities we serve. On the student level, however, we want to promote small class sizes, differentiated instruction, and community participation. We want to offer classes in each community that students can get to with little problem. That takes people who work closely with our students to help them reach their goals through education.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems