bits and pieces all over the place

What a dreary Monday it is, just when I was looking Spring-ward. And why is it that, even though I now work from home, Mondays still suck? I had no clear idea what to blog about today. So I will just start typing.

Saturday I attended a community fundraiser for Friends Helping Friends, I believe it is called. I found out about it at the last minute and it was minutes away so I went and ate spaghetti casserole, garlic bread, and biscochitos. I didn't really stay long to talk to many people. It was mostly senior citizens. But I do think that it may be a nonprofit to approach later when I need volunteer tutors.

Last week, I spoke to a friend's university class (teachers working on their master's) about what I am doing and how I got to this point. I got off track a lot. There is so much to say and I wasn't that good at keeping it concise. But I had fun being in class again, and I think the students had ideas I hope they will share with me in the future. Maybe they can help me get classes started in this area.

I also hope that they will participate in this discussion I'm trying to start -- the discussion among teachers about how to go about getting their power back and concentrate once again on our students and their learning.

This week, I plan to attend the Juvenile Justice Board meeting, just to put in a word for Live and Learn New Mexico! Gotta remember to take my new business cards.

Which leads me to smoothies. Okay, it doesn't but it fits in with today's title. I've been drinking ready made organic fruit and veggie smoothies and feel much more energetic and healthy. I'm still not brave enough to try making my own again, not after my first attempt, but that really might not be so much bravery as laziness. The ready mades are always on sale so I will just stick with them for now. I really like Sambazon. They make a kale/ginger smoothie that is pretty darn good.

Happy Monday! Go out and learn something today.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems