juice smoothies

As my kids have gotten older, they have adopted a healthier diet and my son has a great interest in growing organic produce. He juices all the time. One day, I watched Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I decided to try juicing myself. I couldn't take the drastic step that the guy in the movie did, conducting a juice fast for 60 days, but I knew that if I could incorporate more veggies and fruits in my diet, I'd be much healthier.

So I hit the grocery store and noticed the ready-made, natural/organic smoothies in the produce section. I bought two for $5 and took them home to try them. And they were good!! So I started drinking one each morning...and then I started buying the larger cartons and drinking them twice a day.

I feel really good! I have more energy and I'm more focused, which is a great help as I try to get this nonprofit going.

I went out and bought a juicer one day, thinking I'd start making my own. I read the simple recipe that came with the juicer and threw in all sorts of good things. It came out a little too thick and after a few chugs, it just became too unpalatable for me.

I plan to try it again but I have to get over the initial attempt first. That won't happen anytime soon. In the meantime, I will continue to drink the ready made ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems