OASIS: A Great Place for Over 50s to Learn

Today OASIS class registration opens for the Fall 2016 Session. I have to wait until 10:00 to sign up and I plan to start right away. Last session I missed a lot of great classes because I waited too long to sign up. I have 35 minutes to wait so I thought I'd blog about them.

First of all, let me say that the classes I've attended have been well worth the small fees ($8 for 1.5 hour class). Great instruction and conversation for much less than taking a college class. A wide variety in subject matter, too. Here are some that I plan to sign up for this session:
1. Breaking the Cycle of Homelessness & Poverty: Field Trip to Saranam (I had never heard of this place and can't wait to see what they do.)
2. Food Waste: Where Does it Go? (and do I really want to know? yes, I do)
3. Qigong/Breathing Meditation ("incorporates breath and movement awareness")
4. UFOs: An Introductory Course (YES!)
5. Earth Sheltering for Sustainability (I just found some land I might buy for off-the-grid living so this it timely.)
6. Walking Albuquerque (I used to walk everyday but don't now. This would be a good way to ease my way back in.)
7. The Wonders of the Opera (I still haven't been to an opera.)
8. Espionage in NM

There are many more classes and day trips I plan to take as well. I'm also going to continue my tutoring at Tomasita Elementary through OASIS. 

Cutting it short because it's almost time to register!! But if you want more info, there is the Taste of OASIS orientation on Friday, Sept. 16, 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. at 3301 Menaul NE.
If you are over 50, OASIS is for you. I hope to see you at their classes sometime. Go OASIS! a great place to learn something new. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in search of the Lazy J

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

creative solutions to some big problems