The Protectors -- True Democracy in Action

I didn't bother to watch the debate Monday. I am not interested in what those two presidential candidates have to say. The candidates I would have liked to hear from were not represented, which reinforces my decision to not support a corrupt system by actually voting in a sham election that reads more like a bad television reality show.

I am much more captivated by what is happening with the Dakota Access Pipeline. Now there's democracy in action,  the very people who were in this country in the first place exercising their right to speak out -- literally raising their voices -- against corruption and greed. And yet, I am hearing nothing of it on my favorite radio morning show or from mainstream news. What's up with that?

So I plan to blog about it long and loud, get the word out in my own small way. I've signed the No DAPL petition and pledged to send supplies to Standing Rock this week. I'm Liking and Sharing Facebook posts.

I'll keep this short today and end with this -- if you want to understand what democracy is, if you want to feel good about being an American again, watch the Protectors defeat DAPL. That is democracy in action, that is the power of the people. 

It's not about having a vote; it's about having a voice. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in search of the Lazy J

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

creative solutions to some big problems