Anywhere, New Mexico

 

I've been posting snaps on social media -- of old buildings, campers, etc. that I see in New Mexico when we're exploring. I realized that I should be photo-blogging instead and then sharing online. So here goes...

This post is called Anywhere, New Mexico because the buildings in the snaps can be found just about anywhere in our beautiful but sometimes somewhat trashed out state. 
When I see these places, most abandoned but some still used, I can't help but wonder what they were like in their heyday. 
Did a young, hopeful couple raise a family there? Did all the kids move away to work in the city and now the parents, old and feeble, are living in a nursing home? Do the kids visit?

Old hen houses, sheds and garages. Some are used for storage and the properties are kept clean. 
Windmills, a romantic image of life in the country, out on the plains where the wind blows crazy wild, its power  uncontainable...

New Mexico has stories to tell. If you have one, I'd love to hear it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems