Another look at who's reading my blog anyway

I sometimes go back and read old Facebook blog posts. Most of the time, I start out looking at the pictures to make sure I don't use the same one twice. Then I look at a title or two and read the posts to see what they were about. I found one about the people who read my blog and where they come from. This is what I saw back then (4/10/15):

United States
230
Russia
16
China
2
France
1
Kenya
1
Portugal
1
Romania
1


I look at these numbers a lot. I just like to imagine someone in France or wherever reading what I wrote. What do they think? Today, I looked again to see where we're at and this is what I found: 

United States
737
Russia
16
France
3
China
2
Mexico
2
Ukraine
2
Germany
1
Iraq
1
Kenya
1
Netherlands
1

I also had a list of questions from the last post on this topic. I have another list with some of the same questions and some new ones:
  • In the first list, someone in Portugal saw my page. Where is that person in the latest list (I used all-time numbers, not just the week or the month)? 
  • I've aligned myself with many ideas about learning that are coming from the UK. No one there seems to be looking at my blog. How do I change that? 
  • How can I turn people who are simply checking out my blog once into regular followers and, more importantly...
  • How can I turn Facebook page views into page Likes and Comments?  
For the last question, I have figured out one way to get more page likes and that is to look at the people who like your posts. Facebook will show you those who have not yet been invited to like your page. You simply click on Invite next to the person's name and they usually respond by liking your page. I'm still working on getting more comments and participation, though. 

Oh well, I will look at it as a slow learning experience. I'm in no hurry. It is a beautiful and HOT New Mexico day. Find a cool place to learn something. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems