My next New Mexico adventure

I have less than a week left on this Bosque Farms property and there is a little sadness but I'm looking forward to finally settling down somewhere that's my own little piece of New Mexico. In the short time I've been here, I've learned a lot, I've been inspired, and I've healed.

This amazing, peaceful place allowed me to say goodbye to my parents. I've had time to celebrate their lives and imagine how much they would've loved it here.

Dad would've been out working on cars in the garage, and Mom would've spent her days outdoors, the dogs by her side, tending to her yard. Every flower I took a photo of, I saw through her eyes.

Our dogs, Buster and Chuck, 13 and 14 years old respectively, get younger each day. It's crazy how good they feel!! I'm a follower of a senior dog home in TN, and I love to look at the pix they post on their Facebook page. This place would make a great senior dog home, too, as Chuck and Buster can attest.

And of course, the peacocks. Love those crazy birds. Seriously.

I still hope to buy the property and restore it to its former glory, creating jobs and a stronger sense of community. First, though, I have to secure a big enough grant to do it, and that will take time.

In the meantime, I hope to inspire others to join me in my quest to explore the awesomeness that is New Mexico.

Stay tuned as I turn my attention to the east mountains...there will be pictures and observations, rants and recommendations. It'll all be good.

For today, take in a deep breath of fresh New Mexico air and appreciate the moment.




 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems