Bird talk

Usually, whenever I get messages from birds, they are positive, affirming that I am headed in the right direction. My bird friends fly overhead or sit on wires and say hey as we drive by. A nod from a raven is a good thing.
Lately, however, it seems like their messages are telling me to stay away --away from what, I don't always know. 
The first and loudest incident I'm still thinking about was with a raven that hung out at the local day-care I worked at for two really long, discouraging days. 

Whenever I was out on the playground with the kids, this huge bird would fly down from its tree, touch the sand briefly near me, cawing loudly. I asked another caregiver if this was normal. She said it lived in tree nearby but never landed like that. And it wasn't usually so vocal. 
At the end of day two, my second and last, I knew I was in the wrong place -- for many reasons. 
The raven confirmed it. At day's end it flew from the back of the building, over the roof, and sat on the edge near the front door as I clocked out. It screamed at me from above as I walked to my car, "Leave and return nevermore!"
I didn't return. Was the raven looking out for me, warning me the job was a bad fit? Or did it take a disliking to me and just wanted me gone?
The second bird encounter happened when we were driving along country roads, headed out of town. A medium sized bird, not sure what kind, popped up suddenly and almost hit the windshield. The three of us in the car ducked, and we swerved to miss it. We did miss it, but only because the bird --swoosh!-- flew straight up the windshield and safely away. 
The third encounter was in the same area a week or so later. There were three huge birds hovered over roadkill, hawks I think but I really don't know.
Again, they flew up in front of the windshield and over the car, narrowly missing us. It brought to mind Jurassic Park for some reason. I didn't have my camera ready; I missed 3-4 amazing snaps. 
I've been thinking about these incidents a lot. They don't seem to be positive messages...so how do I interpret them...or is there nothing to interpret? Maybe it's a bird thing, not a me thing. Maybe I'm overthinking. Kind thoughts and suggestions always welcome. 
Until next time... peace 



Comments

  1. The important thing is that we pay attention and allow the images to stay with us, as you have done. And listen to what your own heart says. Nature's message may be neutral--in the realm of "what is" rather than "what does it mean?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems