Country Roads New Mexico

"Country roads... take me home"...an old John Denver song we love because it evokes a kinder, gentler time of life and going back to our childhood. 
I think that people react the same way to my photos of remote and abandoned places in New Mexico. There's a nostalgia at play. We wonder who lived there and why did they leave? 
Most of our enchanting state even today is rural. Many of us are lucky to live off country roads... peaceful mornings...clear clean air...birds...
There's also a romance to the country road. I like to imagine walking down each to a warm, friendly home at the end, accompanied by my dogs.
Like a true New Mexican, I love to explore all our state has to offer, traveling the side roads and country lanes, blasting the music.
New Mexico country roads...aaah! the stories. Until next time, peace. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems