Finding our roots through art

My dad appreciated and loved indigenous art. He passed that love on to me as I grew up. I have Amado Pena posters he bought and framed for me when I graduated college. They hang on my walls today.
How he came to love this art, I'll never know. His last name was McClary...Scottish...and he had a great love, too, for his heritage. We even lived a year in Scotland, which meant the world to him, and he collected art there. 
I believe he lived many lives. Once he was indigenous himself (I think he was Navajo) and he felt the memories of past lives in this modern indigenous art. 

Although he was a scientist who believed in logic and "facts", my dad had an innate understanding of magic. This art spoke to him on a spiritual level.

Ironically, the strongest message I got from Dad is that the world is magical. Art is magic. 

These are not the only pieces in the collection he left behind. I may share more in future posts.
Until then may positive energy, love and light fill your days
Peace

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems