The L&LNM Earthship

I have decided to live a responsible life, which means going solar, going organic, and going local, among other things. I was searching for sustainable properties for sale, just  out of curiosity. I found an earthship out in the Mountainair area. Turns out it isn't for sale after all but yesterday we took a nice drive out there and it gave me ideas for the L&LNM super school.

The property has a main house and two casitas plus a third casita under construction. The casitas could be used as small training centers for those who want to learn to live sustainably. The fourth could be completed as an L&LNM project.

All of it is on 80+ acres, acres that could be used for organic farming, tiny house/office/classroom construction and other kinds of projects requiring space, and as a training/conference center where everyone across the state can come for professional development opportunities.

Okay, so this particular earthship is not for sale but that doesn't matter. I can start looking for land to build an earthship on, and we will make it a statewide project. It's all good. I like the idea of picking a nice place in the mountains.

I'm finishing up my application for the XQ Super School challenge, due February 11. I'm feeling pretty good about it and just a little nervous.

Just wanted to send a shout out to Rio Rancho citizens, who fought against fracking in their community. You've won the battle. I hope you win the war. Go Rio Rancho!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems