New Mexico Dreaming

I woke up feeling a little defeated about the XQ Super School Challenge. It is starting to feel like a battle and it's difficult to keep myself in the right frame of mind -- this isn't a battle; it's the beginning of a discussion across the state that needs to happen. We all win because we are talking about it. Yeah, right. Still, I'd really like to win this thing.

So today I'm daydreaming -- a truly wonderful habit for learners who look to the future. I'm imagining what my first steps would be if we won the XQ Challenge.

As I've mentioned many times before, I love to look at the Blogger and Facebook data to see who is reading my blog posts, who likes the L&LNM Facebook page, where those who read the blog live...

I looked at Facebook data to see which communities in NM were liking the L&LNM page. I'm thinking that the NM communities that are liking our page the most are the ones we should start our school with, if they are interested. Those would be (with the number of Facebook page likes):

Albuquerque (209)
Las Cruces (43)
Farmington (16)
Silver City (16)
Clovis (13)
Santa Fe (12)
Gallup (10)
Carlsbad (10)
Alamorgordo (9)
Bloomfield (8)

I notice that we have regions of support, like southern and western NM. I imagine communities like Silver City and Las Cruces share common problems they could address together, building in a third level of community building into the program.

At first, I was thinking that we should choose the location for the earthship we plan to use for statewide activities based on where we seem to have the most support. But I think it should be wherever it would fit best and in a beautiful location that all New Mexicans can appreciate.

I've been looking at real estate, and there are many possibilities for the earthship. The problem will be picking one beautiful location out of many.

Remember, much of what I'm daydreaming can be done even if we don't win. It doesn't cost a lot to make a small start, and there are other funding opportunities out there.

I need to know that this idea is something New Mexicans want. I also need to hear your ideas of projects your community could work on if you were to join us, not just the bad things but the good as well.

I need to hear from you. It only takes a minute to make a comment but that one comment can mean so much.

After you make that meaningful comment, take a moment to learn something new today.

Go New Mexico!







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems