Update on Credit Card Blues

I have been thinking about my next step in the credit card war  I'm fighting and thought I would write an update.

Since writing the first post, I've been paying for most things with my debit card and actual cash and using my two credit cards sparingly. I pay 2-3 times the minimum payment due each month on each credit card. I pay my bills early.

I think that sounds pretty responsible. However, my credit score has plummeted 20 points. Here I am, stress free about my finances because I'm getting rid of my debt but my score goes down. I'm guessing it's because I don't have a "real" job. That's capitalism for you.

I will say that Discover, when they learned I was moving last June, offered to defer my bill for a month. I didn't need to take them up on the offer. I wish, though, that they would lower the high interest that I've been living with for decades. I spent a long time getting my finances together but I will always be punished for early sins. They will never lower that interest rate unless I take them to court or something.

Someone said it in one of the many documentaries I've been watching lately -- economic systems die. Isn't it obvious that capitalism doesn't work except for a very small percentage of the population? We have so many charities and nonprofits, and the number grows. Why?

I plan to pay off one of my two cards and use the last very little, maybe even close it out, too. I wonder how many points I will lose on my credit score for that? I'll let you know.

In the meantime, I plan to spend a little of each day learning more about this incredible state we live in. I hope you will, too. Go New Mexico!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems