New Mexico! Let's Meet the XQ Super School Challenge

Last week was quite an exciting week. It really makes a difference to tap into a system that is already in place, and backed by funding, rather than try to build a system from scratch.

The timing of the XQ Super School Challenge is perfect! Just when I was forced to start thinking about how to get support for my ideas about learning, there it was! In a matter of days I accomplished what I couldn't in the past year since starting L&LNM.

I now have an XQ team of 13 members and an initial meeting scheduled for tomorrow evening (10/20/15). I know of 3 besides myself who will be attending but I've been posting about it on Facebook and inviting people.

Will anyone show up? I've asked for an rsvp to liveandlearnnm@gmail.com but don't want to discourage walk-ins so I'm a little nervous. I need to be prepared. I put together PowerPoint slides to help me stay on track at the meeting and to use in case others show up.

I also need the presentation in case the media show up. I received an inquiry about the XQ Challenge from a local news program. If they were to show up at the meeting, I need to be prepared.

As I've mentioned before, I've been trying hard to promote L&LNM this past year. Several times, I contacted my favorite morning radio show hosts to no avail. They haven't responded to my requests to talk about L&LNM on their program (they may think I'm stalking them as I have indeed been a pest, or maybe I just didn't have a focused cause.)

Then I joined the XQ Challenge, promoted it on Facebook, and suddenly the media is contacting me! It does pay to Facebook things. 

My message is this -- here's an opportunity for New Mexicans to speak up about learning and bring the power back to NM communities. Join the XQ Challenge, either as part of my team or not. It doesn't matter.

What matters is that we take advantage of this chance to redesign the high school experience and make a difference in young people's lives. It's time!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems