Capitalism for the people


Back in the day, when Taylor Swift came on the music scene with her brilliant country songs, I told my son, only a few years younger than she, that this girl was going to be HUGE! I didn't realize just how huge. Taylor is a cultural phenomenon. 
I do think, however, that a lot of her mega success has been thanks to the Internet and social media. Taylor knows how to make the most of it. And she does it with a sense of humor, the ability to laugh at herself, and great kindness. 
I often think about her impact on world culture. We compare her musical success to the likes of Elvis. I think she has more of a Beatles story, if social media had been around back then. Even now, AI is allowing us to experience the Beatles as they once were. They recently "released" a new song. They could become even more popular now than they were when they were together and all of them were alive.
I'm also hearing that colleges and universities are teaching courses on Taylor's songs. I totally get it. In this respect, I think she is like Shakespeare. Her lyrics are heartfelt and personal. They speak to us. They are poems, worthy of study. 
Now let's talk about money and all of it that Taylor is making, not just for herself but even for other businesses and franchises, simply by showing up at their events. 
She is the anti-Trump, someone who uses her financial accomplishments to spread positive energy, love and light, not gain power. She wants everyone to succeed and reach their goals. She doesn't worry about money, and it is therefore attracted to her. And she is a skilled marketer. 
The lesson I'm learning from this humanitarian/poet? Follow your bliss and when you are successful, share it with everyone. Spread positive energy, light and love. 
I hope you fly today... until next time...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems