Obvious signs... not so obvious messages

1036517156700455div class="separator" style="clear: both; text-align: center;">

Yesterday was hell on wheels. Everything went wrong all at once. I found out I didn't win the gymbird 10,000 step contest. I could handle that...no expectations. 
Then I got an email saying I didn't make it past the first interview for a job I think I'd love. Sniffle
Then, at the local grocery, my card was declined. Thank goddess for Jason, the guy behind me. He paid my tab. You rock, Jason!! You are a kind person.
At some point late in the day,  I thought about my pocket rock. I knew when I reached into my pocket, it wouldn't be there. It wasn't. What I didn't know is when I lost it. I checked my bathrobe pocket...my bedside table, the floor...no luck.
I had had that rock for quite a while. Losing it when everything was wrong made sense. It's a sign of transition...time to move on somehow. I needed to pick out a new one. 
Just days before all this mayhem, though, the signs indicated that peace and calm would exist homestead-wide, finally. I have been decluttering and cleaning the homestead. In the process, I uncovered a lot of mice and a few snakes. The place was squeaking with mice at one point so I bought a humane mouse trap and was daily taking out 2-4 mice. Some were babies and they were so freakin' cute. It was a joy to release them at the far end of the homestead.
I expected to be doing this for a long time when suddenly there were none. I haven't seen a mouse in five days. I attribute it as well to cleaning the piles of trash piled against the back of the house. 
No snakes either. I've always thought the rattler that I met in my bathroom last month had no ill intent; she could have bitten me at least three times but didn't. She did nick my foot, however, on our third encounter, and it swelled a little but I did not die and I can still walk.
So what does all this mean?  Zero mice, zero snakes and zero money. Are these things connected? Are messages being sent and received? Do I need to do anything? How do I reconcile the negative and the positive? Kind comments and suggestions welcome. 
Until next time, peace.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems