Spiritual New Mexico

I was feeling the need to blog but didn't have a topic that inspired me. So I waited and I listened for messages, which is the one thing I've been working on -- listening to the messages. We all get them. Sure enough, after a few days, I was researching "lightworker" and realized that perhaps that is what I am. It inspired me to blog.

I'm a lightworker. I'm not unique. There are a lot of lightworkers in this world. The majority are unrecognized as such, I'm sure, but if we gave it a little thought, we would all be able to point out the lightworkers in our communities. They are:
  • the healthcare workers at the hospital who treat everyone with kindness and respect
  • the parents who hug their kids and help them learn to live mindful lives 
  • the people who make your life a little brighter and more positive somehow just through your interaction with them
  • the people who help you heal in some way, quite often spiritually.
I just read an excellent article listing the traits of lightworkers and felt that I met all but one of the characteristics listed. Reading it helped me refocus and reaffirm what I have been learning about myself over the past five years. I've been experiencing a spiritual awakening and again, I know I'm not the only one.

We have a whole generation of young people, from all cultures, from all parts of the world, who are already awakened. I'm learning so much from those who are in their twenties, including my own kids. Old souls.

And it's not something that only runs in generations but also in entire communities. I was talking about all of this to a friend, who pointed out to me that she lived in Taos and the whole town is spiritual and connected. It's true.

There are many New Mexico towns that I would put in the same league as Taos -- Abiquiu, Silver City, Chimayo, Los Alamos...please comment with your favorite spiritual NM town, the one where you find your zen.

The entire state of New Mexico is spiritual. It has a collective soul, a collective unconscious that is everywhere but in some places, it is especially recognized and honored. New Mexico is magic filled.

And on that note, I'm outta here. Hope your days ahead are good and kind.

















Comments

  1. I am an English/Canadian and I attended NMSU in the early 70’s. We used to go to the Gila Wilderness as often as we could. The hidden hot springs were our favorite. I have always felt that New Mexico is my Spiritual Home and I have had a number of memories of incarcerations there. I have also become a Silversmith and a Lapidary specializing in Turquoise and Southeastern style Silver and Turquoise Jewelry. Since day 1, I felt like I didn’t learn to make Jewelry: I remembered how.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry I didn't see this until now. thanks for sharing. I love to hear how NM has changed lives. I love this place.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

in search of the Lazy J

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

creative solutions to some big problems