Discovering Talent in our Schools

This is an old post, updated, but today I'm asking you -- do you know a student artist whose work could be highlighted in this blog? Let me know and we'll get started!

Daniel has been cleaning out the mobile home of a neighbor who just moved out, and he has been finding some interesting things that were left behind, most of it very imaginative artwork done by one of the residents of the home, a  young autistic man, 19 years old. When I sat on my porch many days over a period of two years, he would be out in his front yard stimming -- humming, hand flapping, and walking up and down the yard. I found it comforting in a way.

Turns out, this young man, Shaun, is quite an artist. Danny is finding his work all over the home as he cleans it. It is mostly ceramics/pottery.

Showcasing student art
The art that this young man produced was done in art class at school. This got me thinking. I would like to showcase other student work, too. 

We could highlight a New Mexico student artist each month and I could write about them in the Live and Learn New Mexico! blog, starting with the Moriarty-Edgewood district.

I made a Facebook page. That is where I plan to highlight student art. It's called Moriartsy, like the physical gallery I tried to start was, but we can highlight so much more online, including art from everywhere, not just NM. Artists all over the world could use the exposure. 

We also highlight classic art of every kind -- painting, music, dance, etc. So check us out on Facebook and support what we do by liking posts and commenting nicely. Until next time, peace. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in search of the Lazy J

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

creative solutions to some big problems