Energy and the Spiritual

I'm pretty sure I've blogged before about energy and how, once I thought of the world in its terms, life started to make sense to me, and I was able to shake off much of my anxiety and depression that had plagued me for so long.

I have no idea if my ideas are correct but thinking about energy and how it affects me helps me deal. That's all. I thought I'd share my thoughts again in the hopes others might find it helpful. I will keep it simple.
  • Everything and everyone carries energy within them. 
  • There's negative energy. There's positive energy. 
  • Energy is everywhere around us, in different forms.
  • Not only are we prone to the whims of our own energy, we can also carry and be affected by other people's or things' energy.
  • Outside energy can pass through us.
When I started to realize these things, I started to think further. What if those anxious thoughts, those depressed moods I used to experience and wonder why, were not my own thoughts and moods but someone else's? What if I was absorbing another person's energy or simply energy that was around me? And if this were so, could I just shun those energies, tell them to go away, and get on with my life?

Turns out, yes, that is exactly what I could do. Over the years, I researched these and other concepts. I paid attention to the stories of others. I started adopting practices to protect myself from unwanted energy.

For example, I read the story of a nurse who would say three times every morning as she headed to work, "If you're not of love and light then leave." One day, she did this with a particularly distraught, schizophrenic patient, and noticed that after they said these words three times together, the patient calmed considerably. When asked why she seemed so calm, she replied, "I don't hear the voices anymore."

I say these words now myself when I get up in the morning and whenever things feel off throughout the day. It helps to know that not every bad mood, not every anxiety attack is just me, that there are energies outside of myself that affect how I feel and what I do moment to moment. I can tell them to leave me alone. I  can invite them to help me make the day better. I can let them sit within me for a few moments and then shoo them on out and on their way.

I can also deal better with all this energy by doing activities that keep me grounded and calm, activities like walking, gardening/yard work, and writing. I have simple breathing and tapping (EFT) exercises I do when anxious, and I am learning to meditate. Meditating is harder than you would think. I am building up to it, learning to still my thoughts a little longer each day.

That's it! Energy according to Michelle in a nutshell. I hope it makes sense and I hope it helps others deal with moods they have but don't understand why. I may be totally wrong but it all makes sense to me and I'm happier for it so what does it  matter? As always, kind, thoughtful comments welcome. Till next time...

Moriarty, NM, sky







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

in search of the Lazy J

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

creative solutions to some big problems