Building an XQ Super School Team

When I discovered the XQ Super School site and its directory, I was excited to build a team that would work together to meet this challenge. But it isn't that simple.

I realized that the directory is a great way to get people to read my blog and to get the conversation started but I don't think I have a team that will help me do the Discover phase of the challenge. They are serving on other teams that they are closer to, I'm sure.

I had also hoped to enlist the help of my colleagues who worked with me at UNM-Los Alamos on the adult ed program. But they have retired and aren't looking to start new adventures. I want them to enjoy retirement and get to know their families again.

I need to pull those close to me together to get this done. I am going to enlist the help of my kids and their friends, with the promise that if we win this thing, they will have jobs. They are my staunchest supporters anyway.

My son lives in Moriarty, and his girlfriend went to school there. I would like to get a discussion group together there. My daughter lives with me and can help me get some groups together in the Abq and east mountain area. I would also like to enlist the help of A New Awakening to do the same in Rio Rancho. If anyone reading this can help me pull together a discussion group in your community, too, let me know.

I'm reaching out to the disenfranchised student population because they are aware more than anyone else how schools fail their students. But anyone who cares is welcome.

As for the team I've "built" through the XQ directory, if we win the challenge, I will be approaching team members to see if they want to be part of the program. I'm making good connections with other communities in the state. That will be a great start once we are ready to implement our super school. It's all good.

That's all I've got for today. I'm looking out my window at an incredibly blue New Mexico sky. One snow storm down, another one on the way so enjoy the blue today and learn something while you're at it.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The apostrophe... punctuation without a purpose

in search of the Lazy J

creative solutions to some big problems